- Click here to access the knowledge base posts related to this event.
- This event has passed.
2016 Spring Event at Lenovo
May 5, 2016
Mark your Calendars for the Spring Pro/User Event!
May 5th, 2016
Lenovo in Morrisville, NC
The Power You Need For However You Work
Every system we build is engineered to keep up with the most demanding professions.
What kind of workstation is right for you? Read more…
Your Event Sponsor
… and your Supporting Sponsors are:
Please be sure to check out our great sponsors!
Cool Door Prizes
One lucky Pro/User will go home with a
new Lenovo P50 Mobile Workstation!
(Model Number: 20EN0013US – $1599)
|8:00 AM||8:30 AM||0:30||Check-in and Breakfast (Donuts & Coffee)||Kristi Everhart||Solid Engineering|
|8:30 AM||8:40 AM||0:10||Kickoff, Announcements & Introductions||ProUser Board|
|8:40 AM||8:45 AM||0:05||Welcome to Lenovo USA||Rob Herman||Lenovo|
|8:45 AM||9:15 AM||0:30||Tri-Star’s Dynamic Enterprise Dashboard||Bryan Enabnit||Tri-Star|
|9:15 AM||10:00 AM||0:45||Modeling Geometry from Imported Graphics||Dave Engvall||Newell Co.|
|10:00 AM||10:15 AM||0:15||Break||Caterer|
|10:15 AM||11:15 AM||1:00||User Defined Features – Yes you can (Leo will teach you)||Leo Greene||eCognition|
|11:15 AM||12:00 PM||0:45||Creo Spark Analysis Extension (SAX) Case Study||Zack Lyon||TE|
|12:00 PM||1:00 PM||1:00||Lunch, Vendors||Various||Caterer|
|1:00 PM||2:30 PM||1:30||Lenovo Lab Tours (3×30 min) | Creo Challenge||Gavin Rumble||Pro/Users|
|2:30 PM||3:00PM||0:30||PTC Navigate – built with Thingworx (IoT)||Dan Jarvis||PTC|
|3:00 PM||3:15 PM||0:15||Break||Caterer|
|3:15 PM||3:45 PM||0:30||Lenovo Engineering Sheetmetal Topics||Staff||Lenovo|
|3:45 PM||4:30 PM||0:45||Stump the Pros / Question and Answers||You know who…|
|4:30 PM||5:00 PM||0:30||Door Prizes & Wrap-up + Vendor/User Networking||PUC Board|
These people (and more) will be presenting a this event.
Bryan Enabnit | Tristar
Bryan Enabnit serves as the Vice President of Customer Success for TriStar, Inc. In his 20-year career, Mr. Enabnit has developed expertise in deriving solutions for deploying enterprise product development systems in all industry verticals and sales models. He is now taking Tristar, with the help of partnering companies, down the path of developing unique solutions for customers in the areas of Configure / Engineer-to-Order and Windchill extensions. This type of solution development requires an in-depth look and analysis of business processes from quoting to customer delivery as well as enterprise architecture and infrastructure. His sole responsibility is making sure TriStar customers maximize the return on investment of the products and services sold.
Dave Engvall | Stanley Black & Decker
- Principal Engineer, IRWIN Tools > Stanley Black & Decker, Huntersville, NC, 15 Years
- Principal, Dynamic Performance Edge, LLC – Consultant: Ag and Mobile Machinery
- ProE/Creo user for 19 years.
- Started 3D modeling 10 years before that.
- Outside interests: Photography, Music Creation, Bicycle and Motorcycle Riding.
- Inventor -- 19 Utility Patents.
- Holder of three Guinness Book World Records for distance throwing: Sling, Hand Thrown Object & Spear.
Leo Greene | eCognition
With over 20 years immersed in the improvement and implementation of product development systems and processes Leo is an expert in leveraging the benefits of Complex Geometry, Surface Model Development, Large Assembly Management, as well as Photorealistic 3d Rendering. He is available for Engineering Consulting Services and/or Custom Creo Training.
Daniel Jarvis | PTC
- Graduated from McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Started with Prime Computer as hardware service tech in 1983
- Moved to CAD (Medusa!) in 1985
- Started Computervision’s first NA VAR in 1992
- Opened Charlotte VAR office in 1993
- Returned to Computervision in 1997 and immediately acquired by PTC
- Started with Windchill 1.0 in Technical Sales
- Managed different technical regions from 2000-2012
- Technical Account Manager for Ingersoll Rand since 2003
- Technical Account Manager for Lenovo since 2010
- Married with 3 children, the oldest recently married; the youngest in her 2nd year of college; both sons are Eagle Scouts
- Live way outside Charlotte in a bunker with a dog, a cat and a lizard
- Riding motorcycles since the age of 17 (Route 66, Iron Butt, 8500+ mile road trip, etc)
- Burning Man veteran (x2)
Zack Lyon | ZLDesign | President
Zack, who owns ZLDesign, has 30 years of seasoned product development and design experience in various industry sectors: Aerospace, hybrid electric vehicle charging and energy control systems, medical, test and measurement, alternative energy products, business office furnishings and environments, recreational vehicles, test and measurement.
Formerly, Zack worked with TE Connectivity as Senior New Product Development mechanical designer/engineer on the latest Hybrid and Electrical Mobility Solutions Product line for both Americas and Europe. Core products are electrical connection systems for electric vehicle battery control systems for US automotive manufacturers.
His previous working experience has also resulted in working relationships with Raychem Corp, IBM Advanced Workstations Division, Bernhardt Design, Respirics Medical as well as consulting for many other large entities. He has success working within large organizations, achieving industry brand and quality recognition for many clients by developing unique and long lasting product solutions. He is named as a sole inventor/patent owner as well as named on various US patents of various categories. Proven technical leadership abilities with over fifteen years promoting the professional growth of the NC and SC state engineering community through the management and promotion of Pro/Users of the Carolinas.