- Click here to access the knowledge base posts related to this event.
- This event has passed.
2015 Fall Event at TE Connectivity
November 12, 2015
Hope you didn’t miss the Fall Event At TE Connectivity!!!
November 12, 2015
There will be awesome presenters, great prizes and even a competition!
Plan to attend! You do not want to miss all the fun!
|8:00 AM||8:20 AM||0:20||Check-in and Breakfast (Donuts & Coffee)||Kristi Everhart||Solid Engineering|
|8:20 AM||8:30 AM||0:10||Kickoff, Announcements & Introductions||ProUser Board|
|8:30 AM||9:20 AM||0:50||Sheetmetal and other Creo 3.0 Topics||Bart Brejcha||Design Engine|
|9:20 AM||10:05 AM||0:45||Surfacing for the Rest of Us – Creo 3.0||Dave Engvall||Newell Co|
|10:05 AM||10:20 AM||0:15||Break||Caterer|
|10:20 AM||11:20 AM||1:00||Control Cross Section Area Along a Flow Path (Graph & Eval’s)||Leo Greene||eCognition|
|11:20 AM||12:00 AM||0:40||Soft Goods in a Digital World||Jered Larsen||INSite|
|12:00 AM||1:00 PM||1:00||Lunch, Vendors||Various||Caterer|
|1:00 PM||2:00 PM||1:00||Tour – TE Labs||John Joyce||TE|
|2:00 PM||3:00 PM||1:00||Creo Challenge Modeling Competition||Gavin Rumble||Pro/Users|
|3:00 PM||3:15 PM||0:15||Break||Caterer|
|3:15 PM||4:00 PM||0:45||Assembly Animations with Creo View||Jack Sullivan||PTC|
|4:00 PM||4:30 PM||0:35||Stump the Pros / Question and Answers||You know who…|
|4:30 PM||5:00 PM||0:30||Door Prizes & Wrap-up + Vendor/User Networking||PUC Board|
These people (and more) will be presenting a this event.
Bart Brejcha | Design-Engine
Bart Brejcha is a pioneer in top-down design committed to providing the best training for product development, industrial design, and engineering communities. He started his career as a product designer and manufacturer of furniture in Atlanta and used Pro/ENGINEER developing products with various Chicago design firms before starting Design Engine in 1994. For almost 30 years, Bart and his team have empowered 3D CAD professionals, students, and organizations to significantly increase their design and engineering capabilities through comprehensive training challenges. Bart's philosophy - It doesn't matter how fast you can model something, but how fast you can change it 20 times.
- Creo Surfacing
- Advanced Assemblies and Detail Drawings
- Creo Cabling
- Creo Reverse Engineering
- Manufacturing: Plastic Part Design, Diecasting, Forging
Dave Engvall | Stanley Black & Decker
- Principal Engineer, IRWIN Tools > Stanley Black & Decker, Huntersville, NC, 15 Years
- Principal, Dynamic Performance Edge, LLC – Consultant: Ag and Mobile Machinery
- ProE/Creo user for 19 years.
- Started 3D modeling 10 years before that.
- Outside interests: Photography, Music Creation, Bicycle and Motorcycle Riding.
- Inventor -- 19 Utility Patents.
- Holder of three Guinness Book World Records for distance throwing: Sling, Hand Thrown Object & Spear.
Leo Greene | eCognition
With over 20 years immersed in the improvement and implementation of product development systems and processes Leo is an expert in leveraging the benefits of Complex Geometry, Surface Model Development, Large Assembly Management, as well as Photorealistic 3d Rendering. He is available for Engineering Consulting Services and/or Custom Creo Training.
Jered Larsen | INSite
Jered is an idea generating change agent.
After several years as a technology authority for the Western United States working for a PTC and Autodesk reseller, Jered has spent the last decade as a catalyst in product development.
He has served in pivotal roles in design and execution of new product development and strategic enterprise process improvement.
- As a designer and engineer, inventing, and designing consumer products, he has helped to deliver products in the areas of furniture, sporting goods, personal storage, recreation and child mobility. He has contributed on several patents and is a recipient of an IDEA award.
- Having served in various capacities of planning, implementation and administration, he has used his technology experience to sponsor process improvement through strategic technology implementation. He led the successful PLM implementation for Britax Child Safety – uniting departments, systems and processes across a global enterprise.
He currently resides with his family near Charlotte, North Carolina.
Jack Sullivan | PTC
- Graduated from the State University of New York at Buffalo
- PTC Global Services
- Started with PTC in 1995 as a Pro/ENGINEER trainer
- Opened the Charlotte PTC Training Center in 1998
- Managed the Mid-Atlantic Region for PTC Education Services from 1999-2000
- Director of PTC Global Services Operations from 2000-2002
- Director of eLearning for PTC Global Services from 2002-2003
- Independent Contractor teaching PTC Training Courses from 2003-2008
- Solutions Architect with SIGMAXIM from 2008-2010
- PTC Technical Sales from 2010 to present
- Principal Application Engineer for Windchill and Creo in the Carolinas, Tennessee, and Georgia
I am married with 2 kids. In my free time I coach baseball, play golf, and watch Notre Dame, NY Giants football, NY Yankees baseball, and NY Rangers hockey.
Gavin B. Rumble, PE | Solid Engineering & Design | Technical Director
Gavin is an NC State University grad and a North Carolina licensed professional mechanical engineer with 34 years of engineering experience, 3 years of which were spent implementing a Pro/Engineer based design system for a machinery manufacturer. Prior to that he worked as a technical gas services rep for the gas company and as engineering manager at a OEM machinery company. Since starting Solid Engineering in 1997 he as worked with clients from around the country in industry segments such as fiberglass, tires, plate glass, various industrial equipment OEM's, food production, furniture, hydro services, aerospace and building products. Gavin was an early adopter of computer based engineering and in 2007 added an IT services division to his company. He has been involved with the operation of the Pro/Users of the Carolinas regional Users Group since 2003.