The success of the bi-annual Pro/User events is dependent on the presenters who participate. The following is a list of some of the industry experts who have presented at these events.
Bart Brejcha | Design-Engine
Bart Brejcha is the principal instructor at Design-Engine, primarily responsible for teaching the Creo training classes. Some of the classes that he teaches include:
- Creo update classes
- Creo Surfacing
- Pro/Cable and Creo Schematics
- Creo Mechanism
- Creo Direct
Bryan Enabnit | Tristar
Bryan Enabnit serves as the Vice President of Customer Success for TriStar, Inc. In his 20-year career, Mr. Enabnit has developed expertise in deriving solutions for deploying enterprise product development systems in all industry verticals and sales models. He is now taking Tristar, with the help of partnering companies, down the path of developing unique solutions for customers in the areas of Configure / Engineer-to-Order and Windchill extensions. This type of solution development requires an in-depth look and analysis of business processes from quoting to customer delivery as well as enterprise architecture and infrastructure. His sole responsibility is making sure TriStar customers maximize the return on investment of the products and services sold.
Dave Engvall | Newell Company
- Principal Engineer, Advanced Technology, NewellRubbermaid, Huntersville, NC
- With NewellRubbermaid for 12 years.
- ProE/Creo user for 15 years.
- Started 3D modeling 10 years before that.
- Outside interests: Photography, Music Creation, Bicycle and Motorcycle Riding.
- Inventor on 17 Utility Patents.
- Holder of three Guinness Book World Records for distance throwing: Sling, Spear, Hand Thrown Object.
Ryan Gelotte | TE Connectivity
Ryan is a Senior Engineering IT Systems Analyst and MBD evangelist and champion for TE Connectivity’s Digital Enterprise Solutions. Ryan holds degrees in Plastics Engineering Technology and Mechanical Engineering Technology from Penn State Erie, The Behrend College. His career over the years has included a focus on all aspects of plastic part design and manufacturing, including mold design, as well as expertise of PTC’s various CAD and PLM systems. In fact, Ryan started his career as an Applications Engineer for PTC from 1998-1999 and over the years has provided training, support and consulting services with PTC’s products for several companies. His experience in both engineering systems, product design and manufacturing have been instrumental in preparing him for the many challenges that come with implementing a Model-Based Enterprise.
He enjoys the many challenges inherent to the engineering discipline and thrives off of finding new, better ways to accomplish superior results both in engineering and manufacturing operations.
Leo Greene | eCognition
With over 20 years immersed in the improvement and implementation of product development systems and processes Leo is an expert in leveraging the benefits of Complex Geometry, Surface Model Development, Large Assembly Management, as well as Photorealistic 3d Rendering. He is available for Engineering Consulting Services and/or Custom Creo Training.
Daniel Jarvis | PTC
- Graduated from McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Started with Prime Computer as hardware service tech in 1983
- Moved to CAD (Medusa!) in 1985
- Started Computervision’s first NA VAR in 1992
- Opened Charlotte VAR office in 1993
- Returned to Computervision in 1997 and immediately acquired by PTC
- Started with Windchill 1.0 in Technical Sales
- Managed different technical regions from 2000-2012
- Technical Account Manager for Ingersoll Rand since 2003
- Technical Account Manager for Lenovo since 2010
- Married with 3 children, the oldest recently married; the youngest in her 2nd year of college; both sons are Eagle Scouts
- Live way outside Charlotte in a bunker with a dog, a cat and a lizard
- Riding motorcycles since the age of 17 (Route 66, Iron Butt, 8500+ mile road trip, etc)
- Burning Man veteran (x2)
Jered Larsen | INSite
Jered is an idea generating change agent.
After several years as a technology authority for the Western United States working for a PTC and Autodesk reseller, Jered has spent the last decade as a catalyst in product development.
He has served in pivotal roles in design and execution of new product development and strategic enterprise process improvement.
- As a designer and engineer, inventing, and designing consumer products, he has helped to deliver products in the areas of furniture, sporting goods, personal storage, recreation and child mobility. He has contributed on several patents and is a recipient of an IDEA award.
- Having served in various capacities of planning, implementation and administration, he has used his technology experience to sponsor process improvement through strategic technology implementation. He led the successful PLM implementation for Britax Child Safety – uniting departments, systems and processes across a global enterprise.
He currently resides with his family near Charlotte, North Carolina.
Jarrod Nooe | Solid Engineering and Design
Jarrod Nooe is a recent graduate of North Carolina State University where he studied mechanical engineering. He is currently working as a design engineer for Solid Engineering and takes a special interest in machine design and analysis for industrial settings. Through his time spent at Solid Engineering as both an intern and engineer, he has experience with several Creo features such as Advanced Assembly, Mechanism, Simulate and Sheet Metal modeling.
Jeff Raquet | UNC Charlotte
Jeff Raquet is a Teaching Associate Professor in Mechanical Engineering at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. He spent twelve years in the real world before entering academia. Started using Pro/Engineer in 1994. Has been teaching the introduction to engineering course to incoming freshmen focusing on engineering drawing, CAD modeling and product design since the fall of 1999. Also offers an upper class elective: Advanced CAD/CAM course focusing on modeling and additive manufacture. Running the additive manufacturing lab for the Mechanical Engineering department – presently one 3D printer, five (functional) FDM machine and one small SLA machine.
Mike Schimmel | DCS Quality Solutions
A graduate of the University of Michigan, Mike Schimmel holds Bachelors and Masters degrees in Aerospace Engineering. With three years of experience at Dimensional Control Systems, he has lead projects in a variety of industries including automotive, aerospace, and electronics. As a variation analyst at DCS, Mike uses 3DCS software to provide solutions to design and build issues as well as assist customers with reducing variation in production through iterative design optimization.
Jack Sullivan | PTC
- Graduated from the State University of New York at Buffalo
- PTC Global Services
- Started with PTC in 1995 as a Pro/ENGINEER trainer
- Opened the Charlotte PTC Training Center in 1998
- Managed the Mid-Atlantic Region for PTC Education Services from 1999-2000
- Director of PTC Global Services Operations from 2000-2002
- Director of eLearning for PTC Global Services from 2002-2003
- Independent Contractor teaching PTC Training Courses from 2003-2008
- Solutions Architect with SIGMAXIM from 2008-2010
- PTC Technical Sales from 2010 to present
- Principal Application Engineer for Windchill and Creo in the Carolinas, Tennessee, and Georgia
I am married with 2 kids. In my free time I coach baseball, play golf, and watch Notre Dame, NY Giants football, NY Yankees baseball, and NY Rangers hockey.
Zack Lyon | TE Connectivity | President
Zack has over 27 years of seasoned product development and design experience in various industry sectors: Aerospace, hybrid electric vehicle charging and energy control systems, medical, test and measurement, alternative energy products, business office furnishings and environments, recreational vehicles, test and measurement.
Currently, he resides within TE Connectivity as Senior New Product Development mechanical designer/engineer on the latest Hybrid and Electrical Mobility Solutions Product line for both Americas and Europe. Core products are electrical connection systems for electric vehicle battery control systems for US automotive manufacturers.
His previous working experience has resulted in working relationships with Raychem Corp, IBM Advanced Workstations Division, Bernhardt Design, Respirics Medical as well as consulting for many other large entities. He has success working within large organizations, achieving industry brand and quality recognition for many clients by developing unique and long lasting product solutions. He is named as a sole inventor/patent owner as well as named on various US patents of various categories. Proven technical leadership abilities with over fifteen years promoting the professional growth of the NC and SC state engineering community through the management and promotion of Pro/Users of the Carolinas.
Mark Bohannon | Lenovo | Vice President
Mark is currently the Creo, Windchill, and License Administrator for the x86 Server team at Lenovo in the Research Triangle Park. In addition to providing administrative support for these tools, he also maintains a website for the Creo User community at Lenovo and develops application customizations to help the engineers do their jobs more efficiently. He has been in this role since December 2012 and prior to that was a mechanical engineer designing electronic system packages at IBM, Solectron, C-MAC and Nortel Networks. In his spare time he enjoys playing board games with the family and working in his church.
Gavin Rumble, PE | Solid Engineering & Design | Technical Director
Gavin is an NC State University grad and a North Carolina licensed professional mechanical engineer with 29 years of engineering experience, 3 years of which were spent implementing a Pro/Engineer based design system for a machinery manufacturer. Prior to that he worked as a technical gas services rep for the gas company and as engineering manager at a OEM machinery company. Since starting Solid Engineering in 1997 he as worked with clients from around the country in industry segments such as fiberglass, tires, plate glass, various industrial equipment OEM's, food production, furniture, hydro services, aerospace and building products. Gavin was an early adopter of computer based engineering and in 2007 added an IT services division to his company. He has been involved with the operation of the Pro/Users of the Carolinas regional Users Group since 2003.